The Egg Frame, a breakfast dish that I remember my dad making for my Saturday mornings when I was a kid, was always a favorite of mine. It is also one of the more simple breakfast dishes.
- Get a piece of your favorite bread
- Cut a square whole in the middle, about the size of a quarter or a little bigger
- Put margarine/butter/or a dairy-free substitute on both sides of the bread and then put it in a frying pan
- Crack an egg over the hole and wait for a bit white it cooks
- Then flip the bread over to cook the other side of the egg; feel free to season the egg however you want
- Once the egg is cooked to your liking and the bread is golden brown on each side, it is complete!