Mashed potatoes normally have cheese, milk, or some type of lactose filled ingredient! Fear not dairy-challenged people, this recipe will keep your stomach happy 🙂
- 2 potatoes
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- tablespoon of butter or butter substitute
- clove of garlic
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water to a boil
- Cut the potatoes into fourths (I leave the skin on) and put them in the boiling water for 10-15 minutes or until they are soft when poked with a fork.
- Add butter, milk, and chopped garlic
- Mash them all together and enjoy!
- Great side dish to any meal! Or if you want it to be a meal itself, add some stir fried veggies
Published by Rachel Abrams
Hi! My name is Rachel and I'm loving life living in Denver. Cooking is something that I've loved since I was little, I even helped make a cookbook for my elementary school when I was 10. Due to being lactose intolerant, I try to minimize the dairy in what I cook, and so I wanted to share those dishes with all of you! Cow milk is what is the worst for me, so some of these recipes will have goat cheese in them. Most dishes will be high protein, low carb, and very easy to make.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions about the recipes!
Blogging is also not a new hobby of mine - I blogged during my whole junior year over seas, so if you want to read a travel adventure blog feel free to take a look! rachelsoverseaadventures.wordpress.com
View all posts by Rachel Abrams