Happy Valentine’s Day!
I know it’s cold outside, but sorbet is delicious at any time of the year. Sometimes sorbets have vodka in them to help with the texture, but I experimented with tequila because vodka is my least favorite alcohol.
- 2 packages of frozen raspberries
- package of fresh mint, chopped up
- 1 cup or so of sugar
- cheese cloth
- 2 or 3 shots of tequila (not for drinking… unless you decide otherwise)
- 1/2 cup water
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Thaw the raspberries in a bowl with hot water, then drain the raspberries.
- Add the sugar (you can add more depending on how sweet you want the sorbet), chopped up mint, tequila, lemon juice, and water
- Using a blender or immersion blender, blend all of the ingredients until smooth. Then led the mixture sit in the fridge for about an hour or so for all the flavors to combine
- After it’s out of the fridge, put all of the liquid in the cheese cloth and strain to get rid of the mint leaves and raspberry seeds (not something you want stuck in your teeth!)
- Once the liquid is smooth, place in shallow dishes, and put in the freezer. Every few hours check the texture and mix it with a fork so it freezes better.