So I was looking for a dairy-free brownie recipe for a dinner party I went to a few nights ago. I thought I was going to have an easier time finding just dairy-free, but most of them were also vegan, which works just as well! This recipe comes from All-Recipes, and I added a few other spices to the mix.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (next time I’ll add more to give it a little more of a kick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for a bit and then cut into squares before devouring the whole tray.