This is another recipe from my family cookbook, which also happens to be one of my favorite salads.
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar (strawberry is ideal, but it’s really difficult to find)
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 1 pound of strawberries (halved and sliced)
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced (I don’t like shallots, so I leave them out
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
In a small bowl, whisk together the strawberry preserves, grape seed oil and raspberry vinegar. Divide the spinach onto 4 serving plates, arrange the shallots and strawberries over the spinach. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salads and sprinkle with pistachios.