I made this soup as a little taste of spring! A delicious cauliflower-asparagus soup. Not only is it lactose-free but it is vegan as well!
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- head of cauliflower
- half a bunch of asparagus
- 32 oz of vegetable broth
- one large sized onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
- Cut up the cauliflower, asperagus, garlic, and onion.
- Put in the soup pot with a little bit of oil on a medium heat for 5 minutes or so
- Add the vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil
- Once it is boiling, let it simmer for 15 minutes or so – until the vegetables are soft
- Add the nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and chili powder
- Let the soup cool a little bit and then use an immersion blender until the soup is smooth- if you do not have an immersion blender you can use a regular blender
- Serve and enjoy! If you are a big fan of spicy food, you can add siracha or a different type of hot sauce.
2 thoughts on “Cauliflower-Asparagus soup”
I made asparagus soup yesterday. Never thought to combine it with cauliflower. Sounds great!
It is noticeable that there is a great number of tasty recipes on your site and we would like to suggest you to have a look at the Top Food Blog section on our site, the http://www.mytaste.com
MyTaste is a social platform for foodies and blogs/sites owners like you and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility on the web and share/save recipes. Some of the top food blogs receive 20,000 visitors from us on a weekly basis.
To add your blog to the Top Food Blog list just follow the link http://www.mytaste.com/top-food-blogs
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at