I made this soup as a little taste of spring! A delicious cauliflower-asparagus soup. Not only is it lactose-free but it is vegan as well!
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- head of cauliflower
- half a bunch of asparagus
- 32 oz of vegetable broth
- one large sized onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
- Cut up the cauliflower, asperagus, garlic, and onion.
- Put in the soup pot with a little bit of oil on a medium heat for 5 minutes or so
- Add the vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil
- Once it is boiling, let it simmer for 15 minutes or so – until the vegetables are soft
- Add the nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and chili powder
- Let the soup cool a little bit and then use an immersion blender until the soup is smooth- if you do not have an immersion blender you can use a regular blender
- Serve and enjoy! If you are a big fan of spicy food, you can add siracha or a different type of hot sauce.