This recipe comes from Taste of Home. A delicious recipe for the beginning of summer. I had never cooked with broccoli rabe before, but I really enjoyed cooking with it. Side note- broccoli rabe is a little more bitter than normal broccoli, just so you all know the bitter taste is normal 🙂
- 1 lb broccoli rabe
- 12 oz uncooked linguine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of chicken broth (if you want to make this vegetarian as well, just use a vegetarian broth)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, trim 1/2 in. from broccoli rabe stems; discard any coarse or damaged leaves. Rinse broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2-in. pieces; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the broccoli rabe, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and 1/2 cup broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until broccoli rabe is tender. Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in parsley and enough remaining broth to moisten the linguine.