Turkey burgers are a healthy, lighter alternative to beef hamburgers. I enjoy doctoring up my recipes as well so I made avocado, onion, turkey burgers.
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- one egg
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 avocado
- chili powder
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Chop up the garlic, onion, and slice the avocado
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and combine until well mixed
- Make into patties using about a clementine size of turkey mixture
- Pan fry until cooked well and serve!
- I used the burgers as a protein on salads most of the time! It was delicious 🙂
I was searching the interwebs for dairy-free breakfast options, because let’s face it- I’m a boring breakfast eater. Oatmeal, yogurt, eggs and toast- unless I’m going out to brunch, there isn’t much to my breakfast routine. I found this delicious recipe that uses two of my foods, eggs and avocados, and is incredibly simple.
The recipe comes from seriouseats.com and can be found here.
My cooking process was the same- though some of the ingredients were a little different
- one avocado
- two eggs
- lime juice
- seasoned salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning to taste
- Preheat the over to 450 F
- Cut each avocado in half and remove the pit. Using a spoon, scrape out the center of each halved avocado so that it is large enough to accommodate an egg (about 1 1/2 tablespoons). Squeeze lime juice over the avocados and season with seasoned salt, cajun seasoning and garlic powder, then place on baking sheet. Break an egg into the center of each avocado, then season with pepper. Don’t worry if some of the white spills out as long as the yolk is intact.
- Put in the oven for 12ish minutes
- Remove from the oven and enjoy with salsa and toast!