Boston gave us a taste of Spring this past weekend- a thunder storm and multiple days in the 50s. And while it is not spring yet, I figured that I needed to get some last minute stew in before it is too warm. This recipe comes from Southernplate.com and I improvised to make it my own!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- Carrots, diced
- Onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2-3 Cups frozen green beans
- 28 ounce can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 Cans Spicy Hot V-8 juice
- 2 C water
- 4 Beef Boullion Cubes
- 1 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
- cup or so of peas
- cup or so of kale
- seasonings of your liking (I used italian seasoning, adobo, black and white pepper, chili pepper, oregano)
- Place everything in a pot except for ground beef (cook before hand) and kale. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmering. Cover and cook for an hour until vegetables are tender.
- Add ground beef, cook for another fifteen minutes.
- Add the kale, cook for another fifteen minutes